Theories of values and problem of integrity
of the person’s worldview
Nagoy Fatima Nurdinovna
Ph.D. in Philosophy, Associate Professor
of the Department of Philosophy and Sociology
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy
and Public Administration (Volgograd Branch),
8, Gagarin str., Volgograd, 400131, Russia;
The article examines the interdependence of issues of personal integrity and answers to methodological questions of axiology, which emerged in classical and non-classical paradigm. Article reviews the history of axiology from the standpoints of defining its subject, main categories and areas, functions, searching for a common methodology, creating a common and a broad typology of values, which provide the solution of practical problems. Author explains the reasons of the increased interest to philosophy of I. Kant, and describes theoretical localization of values according to the classical approach, which creates value situation formed by three components: estimator, estimate and estimation. In its turn, this approach forms such concepts of values as Subjective-objectivist; Objectivist and voluntaristic.
These opinions in the discourse of the classical approach tend to unity, while post-non-classical personalistic models appears as their result and support the pluralism of theories in the discourse of the theory of values. The article argues the statement about paradoxical nature of values: source of values is the mind and, at the same time, the person acts in accordance with the primordial existential preferences. A significant factor of this are the discrepancy between the ethical and practical aspects, the ambiguity of the relationship of ethical rules and principles of ethics and the empirical, the contradictory process of formation of ethical responsibility. Ontological aspect allows to determine the nature and identify the sources and functions of values; in the epistemological aspect, the value is considered as an essential element of the process of cognition; in the anthropological aspect values are the result of existential meanings. Overall, the playback source query into a General theory of values and the corresponding common methodology is the personality and society.
Keywords: axiology, deontology, methodology, truth, value, axiological theories, need, interest, personality.
- Nagoy F.N. [Postmodernism and nostalgia for the classical unity of the world: problems of modern philosophy development]. Aktual’nye problemy gumanitarnykh i estestvennykh nauk [Actual problems of humanitarian and natural Sciences]. 2015, no. 3(3), pp. 81–84. (In Russian).
- Marcuse H. Odnomerniy chelovek: Issledovanie ideologii razvitogo industrial’nogo obschestva [One-Dimensional Man: Studies in the Ideology of Advanced Industrial Society]. Moscow, AST
- Heidegger M. [Letter on Humanism]. Vremya i bytie [On Time and Being]. Moscow, Respublika
- Bergson H. [Philosophical intuition]. Put’ v filosofiyu. Antologiya [Way to philosophy. Anthology]. Moscow, Izdatelstvo AST
- Windelband W. Ot Kanta do Nitsshe: Istoriya novoy filosofii v ee svyazi s obschey kul’turoy i otdel’nymi naukami [From Kant to Nietzsche: The history of the new philosophy in its connection with the general culture and individual sciences]. Moscow, KANON–press: Kuchkovo pole Publ., 1998, 496 p. (In Russian).
- Kant I. [Religion within the limits of reason alone]. Kant I. Traktaty i pis’ma [Kant I. Treatises and letters]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1980, pp. 78–278.(In Russian).
- Kant I. [Critique of the Power of Judgment].Kant I. Sochineniya: v 6 t. [Kant I. Works: in 6 vol.]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1980, vol. 5, pp. 161–513.(In Russian).
- Ilenkov E.V. [Ideal]. Filosofskiy entsyklopedicheskiy slovar’ [Article in the Philosophical encyclopedic dictionary]. Moscow, Nauka(In Russian).
- Rickert H. O sisteme tsennostey [About system of values]. Rickert H. Nauki o prirode i nauki o kul’ture [Sciences of nature and sciences of culture]. Moscow, Respublika Publ., 1998, pp. 363–391. (In Russian).
- Rickert H. [Sciences of nature and sciences of culture]. Kul’turologiya. XX vek: Antologiya [Culturology. XXth century: Anthology]. Moscow, Respublika
- Shokhin V.K. Filosofiya tsennostey i rannyaya aksiologicheskaya mysl’ [Philosophy of values and early axiological thought]. Moscow, RUDN Publ., 2006, 457 p. (In Russian).
- Rudenko A.M. [Social and vital values of the meaningful intentionality of human existence]. Ekonomicheskie i gumanitarnye issledovaniya regionov [Economic and humanitarian researches of regions]. 2012, no. 3, pp. 165–172. (In Russian).
- Fedotova V.G. [Classical and nonclassical in social knowledge]. Obschestvennye nauki i sovremennost’ [Social sciences and present]. 1992, no. 4, pp. 45–55. (In Russian).
- Degtyarev E.V., Vildanov Kh.S., Vildanova G.B. [Role and meaning of a reflection in axiological knowledge and in formation of personal system of values]. Vestnik Chelyabinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Chelyabinsk state university]. 2008, no. 32, pp. 21–27. (In Russian).
- Lossky N.O. Tsennost i bytie [Value and Existence], Paris, YMCA PRESS
- Kagan M.S. Filosofskaya teoriya tsennosti [Philosophical theory of value]. Saint Petersburg, Petropolis Publ., 1997, 205 p. (In Russian).
- Mikeshina L.A. [Modern development of the concept «value»]. Tsennosti i smysly [Values and meanings]. 2009, no. 1, pp. 6–17. (In Russian).
- Stolovich L.N. Krasota. Dobro. Istina: Ocherk istorii esteticheskoy aksiologii [Beauty. Goodness. Truth: Essay of a history of esthetic axiology]. Moscow, Respublika
The date of the manuscript receipt 26.03.2016
Please cite this article in English as:
Nagoy F.N. Theories of values and problem of integrity of the person’s worldview // Perm University Herald. Series «Philosophy. Psychology. Sociology». 2017. Iss. 1. P. 20–28.