V. ZENKOVSKY’S GNOSIOLOGICAL CONCEPT
IN CONTEXT OF METAPHYSICS OF THE HEART
Babina Vera Nikolaevna
Ph.D. in Philosophy, Docent,
Associate Professor of the Department
of Philosophy and Social Communications
Penza State University,
40, Krasnaya str., Penza, 440026, Russia;
The gnosiological concepts appeared in XIX–XX should be considered in context of significant changes occurred in Europe that time. The main topic of almost all philosophical schools became critique of the Mind, Intellect, and Reason. The brightest philosophers of that time were focused on the human cognitive capabilities issue. The scientistic model started to lose its domination and led to active search for new theoretical concepts that would allow people to understand the universe and determine their own place in it.
The article presents a cognition theory proposed by V. Zenkovsky in context of unique Russian philosophical tradition called the Metaphysics of the Heart. In the Russian philosophy the doctrine about informative function of heart is among fundamental ideas of the religious and philosophical direction. The article reveals main principles of Zenkovsky’s gnosiological concept, namely «cognitive forces» (Mind and Heart), «knowledge integrity» (theoretical and ethical), gnosiological subject (Church).
The author concludes that further research of Zenkovsky’s concepts provides a way to overcome pessimism of modern philosophical search and discover some blind-spots of native history of philosophy.
Keywords: Russian philosophy, theory of knowledge, V.V. Zenkovsky, integral knowledge, kardiognozis.
- Zenkovskiy V.V. Istoriya russkoy filosofii [History of Russian philosophy]. Leningrad, Ego Publ., 1991, vol. 1, part 1, 221 p. (In Russian).
- Zenkovskiy V.V. Osnovy khristianskoy filosofii [Christian philosophy basics]. Moscow, Kanon+ Publ., 1997, 560 p. (In Russian).
- Yurkevich P.D. Filosofskie proizvedeniya [Philosophical works]. Moscow, Pravda Publ., 1990, 669 p. (In Russian).
- Trubetskoy S.N. [On cognition nature]. Sochineniya [Works]. Moscow, Mysl’ Publ., 1994, 816 p. (In Russian).
- Trubetskoy S.N. Uchenie o Logose v ego istorii [Logos doctrine in its history]. Sochineniya [Works], Moscow, Mysl Publ., 1994, 816 p. (In Russian).
- Trubetskoy E.N. Metafizicheskie predpolozheniya poznaniya. Opyt preodoleniya Kanta i kantianstva [Metaphysical cognition suggestions. Kant and Kantian overcoming experience]. Moscow, Russkaya Pechatnya Publ., 1917, 337 p. (In Russian).
- Trubetskoy E.N. Smysl zhizni [Meaning of life]. Moscow, Institut russkoy tsivilizatsii Publ., 2011, 656 p. (In Russian).
- Zenkovskiy V.V. Khristianskoe uchenie o poznanii [Christian cognition doctrine], Pushkino, Graal’ Publ., 2001, 144 p. (In Russian).
The date of the manuscript receipt 28.04.2016
Please cite this article in English as:
Babina V.N. V. Zenkovsky’s gnosiological concept in context of metaphysics of the heart // Perm University Herald. Series «Philosophy. Psychology. Sociology». 2017. Iss. 1. P. 51–56.